Honey-glazed Ham Dinner with Buttery Vegetables and Sauerkraut
Recipe by Danielle Fahrenkrug of Delightful Mom Food The most exciting holiday feast, ready in an hour, because the holidays are made for spending time with each other... not just cooking.
1 tablespoon flour
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
4 ounces cream cheese
1 teaspoon sugar
2 cups whole milk, divided
2 cans (15.25 oz.) Libby's Whole Kernel Sweet Corn, drained
5 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled & chopped
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 pounds smoked boneless ham cut into thick slices (about 12 slices)
2 cans (14.5 oz.) Libby’s Cut Green Beans, drained
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup almond slivers
1 can (14.5 oz) Libby's Crispy Sauerkraut, drained
1. Move baking rack to upper 1/3 of the oven. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Creamed Corn: In medium pot, add flour and 1 tablespoon butter. Heat over medium-high, stirring constantly, until well mixed and bubbling. Add cream cheese and sugar; cook until melted and creamy. Stir in 1 cup milk and corn. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 20 minutes so that sauce will thicken.
3. Mashed Potatoes: Boil potatoes in large pot with water for 20 minutes until tender. Drain completely, then add remaining 1 cup milk and 4 tablespoons butter. Mash with potato masher. Mix in onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cover until ready to serve.
4. Honey-glazed Ham: In small bowl, mix together lemon juice, honey, and mustard. Lay ham slices together on parchment-lined sheet pan. Generously coat ham with honey mixture. Bake ham for 20 minutes until glaze has caramelized. Remove from oven and cover with foil tent until serving.
5. Green Beans: In large saucepan, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add green beans; sauté for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste; top with almond slivers. Cover to keep warm until serving.
6. Add sauerkraut to bowl. Serve room-temperature or warmed.
7. Time for the meal! Enjoy everything together.