Carrot Ice Cream with Dulce de Leche: LEO x CARROTS
1 2/3 Heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons Lime juice
2 tablespoons Orange juice
2 tablespoons Sugar
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 cup Water
2 cups Libby's Sliced Carrots, drained
1/2 cup Milk
1 tablespoon Lime zest
1 tablespoon Orange zest
3 tablespoons Maple syrup
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Dulce de leche, plus more for drizzling
Chopped pecans for topping
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk together heavy whipping cream, orange juice and lime juice in a medium bowl; until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in sugar and water until a thin syrup forms.
- Turn heat off. Add carrots and stir, coating evenly with syrup.
- Transfer carrots to baking sheet, drizzle with remaining syrup. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Place carrots and milk in a blender.
- Blend until smooth. Add lime zest, orange zest, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to whipping cream and juice mixture.
- Stir to mix well. Add carrot mixture and whisk until evenly combined. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place mixture in ice cream maker. Churn for 25 minutes, adding dulce de leche in the last 3 minutes of churning.