Savory Green Bean Cobbler Casserole
1 stick salted butter (divided)
1 small white onion (sliced)
5 celery stalks (sliced into 1 inch pieces)
12 mushrooms (chopped)
3 green onion sprigs (white part chopped)
5 cloves garlic (minced)
3 cups vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup whipping cream
3 tablespoons corn starch
3 tablespoons cold water
2 cans Libby’s Naturals Cut Green Beans (drained)
Cobbler Top Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 stick butter (cut into slices)
3 tablespoons butter (melted)
3/4 cups parmesan cheese (grated)
2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup whipping cream
- For the filling, melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large cast iron pan or Dutch oven over a medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté in butter for 15 minutes, mixing often.
- Add celery and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Pour mushrooms over onion and celery and mix to combine. Continue sautéing for another 10 minutes.
- Mix in green onion and garlic. Sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining portion of butter (4 tablespoons) to the sauté and allow it to melt into the mixture.
- Pour in broth and bring to a boil. Sprinkle in salt and pepper. Whisk in whipping cream.
- In a small bowl whisk corn starch and water together to make a slurry. Pour slurry into boiling veggie mixture. Mix until gravy thickens.
- Pour in Libby’s Naturals Green Beans, mix to fully combine and remove pan from heat.
For the cobbler top, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and black pepper together.
- Add flour mixture to a food processor.
- Pulse 1 stick butter (8 tablespoons) into the flour mixture until butter forms into pea-sized pieces.
- Remove mixture from food processor and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle in Parmesan cheese and basil. Toss with hands to combine. Make a well in the center of the mixture and pour in milk and whipping cream.
- Mix with hands to combine dry ingredients with wet until mixture comes together.
- Scoop 1/3 cup balls of cobbler mixture on top Libby’s Green Bean Mixture to cover top.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until cobbler tops are golden.
- Remove from oven and brush cobbler tops with the remaining 3 tbsp of melted butter.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.