Farm Fresh Goodness in Every Bite
Since 1868, Libby’s® has been preparing the finest canned vegetables bringing wholesome farm-fresh taste to America’s families.
Committed to Sustainability
To us, value is more than the delicious, nutritious canned vegetables we provide. It’s also about upholding our commitment to sustainability and the intangible value that brings. By implementing new and continuing to use proven environmentally-friendly sustainability practices throughout our operations, we are continuing to seek out new ways to reduce our carbon footprint and efficiently use energy and water, while also optimize packaging to cut the amount of potential waste.
Focus on Sustainability and Eliminating Waste
Environmentally-friendly and ecologically-minded farming practices are something we take pride in.
Fundamental to our mission is our commitment to protect the environment we live and work in. Sustaining our environment is critical – it’s a responsibility to our consumers and our planet – and we are proud of our efforts that help improve and proactively solve for the ever-changing challenges . Our efforts include:
• Hiring coordinators at each farm to map and survey fields to ensure we protect sensitive areas.
• Reducing the number of harvesters we use and working with farmers to take proactive steps toward no-till planting practices.
• Using GPS in our harvesting equipment, which provides the ability to reduce our carbon footprint through lower fuel consumption and in effect reduce our greenhouse gas emissions.
• Transitioning from high-pressure irrigation systems to low-pressure systems that reduce water lost to evaporation.
• Participating in an incentive program that rewards manufacturing facilities who lower their water usage.
• Reusing wastewater. 98%, or one billion gallons, of our wastewater is reused for irrigating animal feed crops.
• Reducing the amount of steel in our cans – we are proud to offer the lightest 15 oz. 3-piece can in the industry.