Farm Fresh Goodness in Every Bite
Since 1868, Libby’s® has been preparing the finest canned vegetables bringing wholesome farm-fresh taste to America’s families.
“Family-to-Family” from the Start
Founded by brothers Arthur and Charles Libby in Chicago, Illinois in 1868, “family” is at the heart of our business. From the family-owned farms and businesses we take pride in working with that has fostered relationships spanning years – and in some cases generations – to our dedicated employees who feel like family. We’re committed to providing you and your family with the most delicious, nutritious and high-quality canned vegetables out there.
This begins with preparation and investing in relationships, something we’ve done since day one. To deliver the quality, consistency and value we’re known for, we guide aspects of preparation from field-to-table. From working with experienced in-house agronomists, seed breeders, field staff and food scientists, to a team of production and quality assurance personnel who focus on planning, growing, harvesting and preparing our vegetables, it takes a team. And we couldn’t scale without ongoing investments in the equipment and processes necessary to ensure we deliver on our promise to customers – this includes producing our own seeds, and vertically integrating our operations.
Investing in our relationships has formed strong, long-lasting partnerships that we take pride in, and strengthens our passion and ability to provide you and your family with nutritious, wholesome vegetables.
A Family of Firsts
Innovation has been a hallmark of Libby’s since inception, improving our products to meet your needs keeps us going. Finding ways to make our offerings healthier and more convenient is something we strive for, and we’re proud to be one of the first brands to offer:
- No salt added vegetables
- Convenient single-serve microwavable vegetables cups
- BPA-Free (*) cans
As we look ahead, our innovative efforts are focused on even further delivering quality and consistency while also continuing our search to better our environmental impact by optimizing packaging, reducing our carbon footprint, and efficiently using our resources to create value and reduce waste.
*Can lining produced without the intentional addition of BPA. Our plastic cups are also produced without the intentional addition of BPA.
Committed to Sustainability
To us, value is more than the delicious, nutritious canned vegetables we provide. It’s also about upholding our commitment to sustainability and the intangible value that brings. By implementing new and continuing to use proven environmentally-friendly sustainability practices throughout our operations, we are continuing to seek out new ways to reduce our carbon footprint and efficiently use energy and water, while also optimize packaging to cut the amount of potential waste.
Focus on Sustainability and Eliminating Waste
Environmentally-friendly and ecologically-minded farming practices are something we take pride in.
Fundamental to our mission is our commitment to protect the environment we live and work in. Sustaining our environment is critical – it’s a responsibility to our consumers and our planet – and we are proud of our efforts that help improve and proactively solve for the ever-changing challenges . Our efforts include:
• Hiring coordinators at each farm to map and survey fields to ensure we protect sensitive areas.
• Reducing the number of harvesters we use and working with farmers to take proactive steps toward no-till planting practices.
• Using GPS in our harvesting equipment, which provides the ability to reduce our carbon footprint through lower fuel consumption and in effect reduce our greenhouse gas emissions.
• Transitioning from high-pressure irrigation systems to low-pressure systems that reduce water lost to evaporation.
• Participating in an incentive program that rewards manufacturing facilities who lower their water usage.
• Reusing wastewater. 98%, or one billion gallons, of our wastewater is reused for irrigating animal feed crops.
• Reducing the amount of steel in our cans – we are proud to offer the lightest 15 oz. 3-piece can in the industry.