Granny's Sweet Pea Egg Salad
Give the classic egg salad a twist with taste of summer. This delicious dish highlights the sweet flavor of our peas, with eggs and a creamy base that are *chef’s kiss*. Perfect served up with sandwiches at a picnic or at your next block party alongside hot dogs and hamburgers.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 15 oz. can Libby’s Sweet Peas, drained
- 1/3 cup Japanese mayonnaise or add more if you want it extra creamy!
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Japanese curry powder
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel and chop your eggs; place in a medium bowl.
- Mix in Libby’s Sweet Peas, Japanese mayonnaise, green onion, and Japanese curry powder, until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes and more green onion on top if desired.
- Additional Info: When tasked with putting a fun and modern twist on a tried-and-true classic 4th of July recipe I knew I would incorporate yummy, Japanese flavors (my husband is half Japanese and was born in Japan!) to enhance this already delicious dish! With just a few easy tweaks, and a can of Libby’s Sweet Peas this recipe is the perfect combination of creamy, and crunchy with a spiced twist you are sure to love!