🥕🥚Carrot Za’atar Deviled Eggs
1 can 14.5 oz Libby’s Sliced Carrots, drained
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons mustard
1 tablespoon hot sauce (pick your favorite)
1 tablespoon za’atar spice (plus more for garnish)
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
salt and pepper
curly leaf parsley
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Drizzle olive oil onto a baking sheet. Add carrots, toss to coat with oil. Bake 45 minutes until reduced in size and starting to brown around the edges. Cool for 15 minutes.
3. Bring a pot of water to a simmer and add eggs. Boil for 9 minutes. While the eggs are boiling, prepare an ice bath. Remove eggs from water and add directly into the ice bath. Let sit 15 minutes.
4. Peel eggs and cut in half. Remove yolks and add to a food processor bowl. Put the white pieces on a plate, cover and set aside in the fridge until ready to use.
5. In the food processor bowl with the yolks, add carrots, mayonnaise, mustard, hot sauce, za’atar, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Pulse, then process until smooth, scraping sides of the bowl as needed to combine everything.
6. Remove carrot mixture from food processor and put into piping bag.
7. Pipe carrot mixture into the egg whites. Top with za’atar, then garnish each egg with one sprig of parsley and serve.
Recipe is brought to you by The Food In My Beard:
Check out more from The Food In My Beard >>