Freddie Prinze Jr.'s Three Simple Sides for the Holiday Season
Actor and cookbook author Freddie Prinze Jr. knows his way around the kitchen, and these quick and yummy recipes are good sides for holiday feasts or weeknight dinners with the fam. This holiday season, we’re teaming with Freddie and Meals on Wheels America to give back while we give thanks. Just visit us on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest and like, share or comment on any of our posts now through 12/31/2023, and we’ll donate a manufacturer coupon good for one can of vegetables to Meals On Wheels America (up to 500,000 coupons in total!).
Freddie's Green Beans with Bacon
1 14.5 oz. can of Libby’s Cut Green Beans
2 strips of bacon
1 Tsp. cooking oil
- Cook two strips of bacon to desired crispiness; remove from pan and chop.
- Heat oil in a saucepan, then add Libby’s Cut Green Beans and bacon.
- Stir occasionally as the mixture heats. Salt and pepper to taste
Freddie's Truffle Corn
1 15.25 oz. can of Libby’s Whole Kernel Sweet Corn
1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1 Tbsp. truffle oil per can (this recipe is easy to double!)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the corn over medium heat, add butter and truffle oil, then cook for 5 minutes.
- Cover saucepan and reduce heat to medium low. Cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Want to level it up? Get creative with toppings. Shaved truffles, parmesan or chives all work well here.
Freddie's Sweet Beets
1 15 oz. can of Libby’s Cut Beets
1 Tsp Syrup
- Heat beets in a pan.
- Drizzle 1 Tbsp. of syrup over beets; stir until beets are coated and hot enough to serve.
* * Campaign Disclaimer: From November 9, 2023 to December 31, 2023: 1) like, share or comment on any Thanksgiving recipe or photo of a Thanksgiving recipe that is shared on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest by Libby’s Vegetables (@libbysvegetables) or one of Libby’s Vegetables’ partners’ Instagram or Facebook handles with the hashtag #LibbysGivesThanks. OR 2) post a Thanksgiving recipe on your public Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest handle with the hashtag #LibbysGivesThanks. For any of these two actions taken, Seneca Foods Corporation will donate 1 coupon for a can of Libby’s Vegetables to Meals on Wheels America, up to a maximum donation of 500,000 coupons. Minimum donation of 250,000 coupons. Open to residents of the 50 U.S. states and D.C. Void where prohibited. Limit one (1) action per Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest account. Instagram/Facebook/Pinterest privacy settings must be set to “public” to trigger donation.