3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 cans Libby’s Sliced Carrots
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2/3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
8 ounces cream cheese
2 cups powder sugar
1/2 cup butter room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a sheet pan with parchment.
- Sift the flour, salt, spices and baking powder into medium bowl and set aside.
- Combine eggs, vanilla, and granulated sugar into mixer until smooth.
- Pour out carrot juice from Libby’s Sliced Carrots and add to cheese cloth. Squeeze excess juice from carrots.
- Add to mixer and mix until incorporated. Pour dry mixture into the wet then fold until combined.
- Transfer the batter into your prepared baking sheet using spatula. Bake for 13-15 mins at 375F. The cake is done when the center springs back with pressed lightly.
- While cake bakes, prepare cream cheese frosting by creaming the butter and cream cheese in a stand mixer. Add vanilla and powder sugar then beat until fluffy and smooth.
- Reserve about 1/4 cup of frosting for the buttercream carrots. Spread the frosting, leaving about half an inch unfrosted on each sides.
- Divide the reserve buttercream into two batches, color one green and the other orange then transfer to piping bags and skip the tips off.
- Roll the cake up and dust with powder sugar and pipe little carrots. Cut into slices and enjoy!
Check out more from by @em_vickypham >>