Classic Double Cheese Green Bean Casserole
By Eric and Shanna Jones- Click here to like, share or comment on this recipe. Libby's will thank you with a donation to support hunger relief.
3 tablespoons butter (divided)
1/2 cup yellow onion (chopped)
8 ounces fresh Bella Mushrooms (diced)
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/4 cup chicken stock
1 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon sea salt (divided)
1 teaspoon black pepper (divided)
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
1/2 cup grated parmesan
10 ounces cream of mushroom
1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
3 cans Libby's French Style Green Beans (drained)
1 1/2 cup crispy onions (divided)
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Add 1 tbsp butter to skillet at medium heat. Add chopped onions and sliced mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add 2 tbsp butter. Once butter melts, add in the flour and garlic. Stir until it begins to thicken.
4. Pour in chicken stock and whipping cream. Add ½ tsp salt, black pepper, ground allspice, ground thyme, grated parmesan cheese, cream of mushroom, and Monterey jack cheese. Continuously stir until combined. Lower heat to low.
5. Add drained Libby’s French Style Green Beans to a large bowl and season with ½ tsp salt.
6. Pour combined ingredients and 1 cup crispy onions into a bowl with green beans. Mix.
7. Add green beans mixture to a 1 1/2-quart casserole or glass baking dish and top with remaining crispy onions.
8. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes and until onions are golden brown.