1/4 cup flour
3/4 cups yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar (+ 1 teaspoon for topping)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 can (15.25 oz.) Libby's Naturals Whole Kernel Sweet Corn, drained
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease 12-cup muffin tin (or line with baking cups).
2. In large mixing bowl, blend together flour, cornmeal, ¼ cup sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
3. In small mixing bowl, whisk together egg, milk and butter.
4. Make well in center of dry ingredients; add liquid ingredients and corn. Stir with spoon until dry ingredients are moist.
5. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon sugar over tops of muffins. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until muffins are golden brown. Remove from tin and cool slightly before serving.