1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound sweet Italian sausage
1 red bell pepper (seeded and thinly sliced)
1 medium onion (thinly sliced)
Freshly ground black pepper
1 can crushed tomatoes
1/3 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 can Libby’s Naturals French Style Green Beans (drained)
1/2 cup Italian-style panko bread crumbs
2 cloves garlic (minced)
2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and break up until crumbled. Cook until browned, about 8–10 minutes. Remove from the pan and drain.
- To the same skillet over medium heat, add the pepper and onion and sauté until softened and golden brown, about 5–8 minutes. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, cream, and Parmesan and stir together. Add the sausage and green beans and stir to coat.
- Transfer to a 2-quart baking pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together bread crumbs, garlic, and melted butter. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes until bubbly and the topping is golden brown.
- Serve immediately.