2 sticks unsalted butter (softened, divided)
3 cans Libby's French Style Green Beans (drained)
1 teaspoon salt (plus more to taste)
Ground black pepper
2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
1/4 cup minced fresh Italian parsley (plus more for garnish)
3 cloves garlic (large, minced (about 2 tablespoons))
1 cup plain bread crumbs
1/2 cup clam juice ((alternatively, you can use chicken stock or white wine))
Crushed red chile flakes to taste ((optional))
- Preheat the oven to 450°F with a rack positioned at the upper third of the oven. (Make sure it is not too close to the top.)
- Largely dot a 2-quart baking dish with 1 stick of butter.
- In a large bowl, season green beans to taste with salt and pepper. Gently mix to combine.
- Add green beans to a buttered baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, use a rubber spatula to mix together the remaining stick of butter, 1 teaspoon salt, oregano, parsley, garlic, bread crumbs, clam juice, and chile flakes (if using) until a paste forms. Crumble, in very large chunks, over green beans, allowing some green beans to peek through around the edges.
- Bake until golden brown and butter is bubbly on bottom, about 15–20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.