10 cups cubed cornbread
1 pound hot or sweet Italian turkey or pork sausage
1/2 cup butter
1 large onion, chopped
3 stalks of celery, sliced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dried)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage (or 1 tsp dried)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
1 can (15.25 oz.) Libby's Whole Kernel Sweet Corn, drained
2 1/4 cups chicken broth
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and lightly spray 13 X 9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. On large baking sheet, add cornbread in single layer. Bake for 5 minutes to toast.
3. Remove sausage from casings and crumble into large skillet set over medium heat. Cook 7 minutes or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet leaving drippings in pan.
4. Add butter, onion, and celery. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in herbs, poultry seasoning and corn.
5. In large mixing bowl, whisk eggs with broth. Gently stir in cornbread and vegetable/sausage mixture until combined. (Mixture should be moist, but not soggy. Add more broth if mixture is too dry.)
6. Place in prepared baking dish and bake 45-55 minutes or until heated through and golden brown on top.