Libby’s Spicy Deviled Eggs
From Nicole Presley
6 large eggs
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons mustard
1/2 teaspoon blac pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons shallots or red onion (chopped small)
3 tablespoons Libby's Whole Kernel Sweet Corn
3 tablespoons Libby's Sweet Peas (and more for decorating)
1 teaspoon chipotle powder
1/2 teaspoon fresh dill
- Place eggs in a small pot and cover in with water by 2 inches. Place over a medium high heat and boil for 24 minutes.
- Drain the hot water from the pot and replace the water with cold water. Crack the eggs and place them back in the water for 2 minutes. This will help loosen the shell and make it easy to peel.
- Peel the eggs. Slice a ½ inch off the top of the egg and a thin sliver of egg off the opposite end so the egg can stand. Carefully remove the yolk with a small spoon.
- Place the yolks in a bowl and smash with a fork until completely crumbly.
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard, black pepper and salt into the smashed egg yolks. Add in shallots and mix to combine.
- Mix in Libby’s Corn and Sweet peas and mix to completely combine.
- Place mixture in a piping bag with a 2M sized tip. Fill each egg to the top with egg yolk filling.
- Sprinkle corn and peas and a pinch of chipotle powder on the top of each egg. Place a tiny sprig of dill on the top and serve.