1 large russet potato
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 pounds bonesless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup mushrooms sliced in half
4 sprigs of thyme
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup flour
1 1/4 cup chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
1 can (15 oz.) Libby's Peas and Carrots, drained
1 can (15.25 oz.) Libby's Whole Kernel Sweet Corn, drained
1 pkg frozen puff pastry thawed
1 egg + 1 tsp water (for egg wash)
1. Peel and cube the potato. Boil in a small pot until just tender. Drain and set aside.
2. In large sauté pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add chicken thighs, onion and garlic. Sauté until meat starts to brown and is cooked through (to 165 degrees). Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan with mushrooms and thyme. Sauté until mushrooms are cooked through. Add butter. After it melts add flour and mix. Cook for one minute. Add in broth. Bring to a boil and cook until thickened. Stir in cream and wine (or broth). Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add cooked potatoes and chicken, peas & carrots and corn. Warm through. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Set aside.
5. On a cutting board, roll out one puff pastry sheet. Cut into 9 strips. Add strips diagonally across the dish.
6. Roll and cut the second puff pastry sheet into 9 strips as well. Weave the strips together into a lattice.
7. In small bowl, beat egg and water with a fork. With a pastry brush, brush the top of the lattice with the egg wash until completely covered.
8. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 40-50 minutes. Cover with foil if it starts to brown too quickly. Cool slightly on a wire rack and serve.