Stock your pantry with fresh food perfect to feed your family (or neighbors) during a zombie outbreak.
- 1 cup orzo pasta, cooked according to package
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cup mozzarella balls (ciliegine), drained
- large handful fresh basil, julienned
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook orzo pasta according to package. When cooked, rinse pasta with cold water to prevent clumping.
While pasta is cooking whisk together ingredients for dressing and set aside.
When ready to serve, assemble salad with orzo, tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and desired amount of dressing.Salad may be stored in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
Pair with Libby's Cut Green Beans.